Last Updated: June 02, 2022
Your Privacy Is Important To PBOLIST
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
PBOLIST exists to add transparency to the real estate industry and put you in control of the real estate transaction process. A critical part of this is transparency on how we use your information and protect your human right to privacy.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require users that create a PBOLIST account to provide their name and email address - and that's it. You may provide us with more information - like your phone number- but we don't require that information to create your account.
- Property Listing Information: If you have an account with us and choose to create a property listing, we collect the necessary information and media to establish a property listing to be displayed publicly.
- Your Preferences: We collect information from you to provide you recommendations on property listings and/or steps involved in the real estate transaction process. This information is stored on your private account and used to provide you with recommendations.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content. For example, if you create a listing that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish it. This might be obvious to you...but it's not to everyone!
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to feedback surveys, communicate with our support, or post a question in our help forum.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or continue to the PBOLIST Platform with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), you direct the service to send us information such as your basic account profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, provide location specific listing recommendations.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services - for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your property listing and to provide account support such as password recovery;
- To further develop our Services - for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their real estate search more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of PBOLIST and others;
- To communicate with you about recommendations that may interest you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on PBOLIST and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services.
How To Manage Personal Data or Request Data Deletion?
You can manage your account information and delete your search history through the Settings page when you are signed into your account.
Should you want to manage or delete a property listing you have created, please sign in to your account and you can manage or delete that information through the My Listing tab. Should you want to delete your PBOLIST account and all of its contents please Contact Us